Sunday 1 December 2013

Handed In!

Exciting news! This week I handed in my PhD thesis, including the novel. I feel bereft. For three years I have lived and breathed my subject area and now I can have a day off, or even two, without feeling guilty. Of course, it isn’t really over. I will have my viva in a few months and will need to revise, as well as re-reading many novels. I have drafted a covering letter to a specific agent and started on the synopsis.
The day I handed in, I attended a networking event. It was held by the university at the RSA, London. The two key speakers, Shaheen Hasmat and Benjamin Zephaniah, were excellent. It was a reminder of the importance and power of writing; if the writer has a clear message and the skill to communicate it. I cannot claim to have achieved this but I am trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment