Tuesday 26 April 2011

Osterley Bookshop



I've had a quiet week reading 'The Well of Loneliness' by Radclyffe Hall and enjoying the unseasonable sunshine. I also made another trip to one of the most gorgeous secondhand bookshops - the Osterley Bookshop in Chiswick, West London. It is in a building that was once a Tube station, crammed with books on an incredibly diverse range of subjects and all at very reasonable prices. I picked up John Buchan's Greenmantle in a lovely 1950's Penguin print for £3.50. Not only do they sell books but also bric a brac and jars of honey. It was wonderful to crawl round on the floor going through piles of old books, listening to the pigeons cooing while the sun came in through the ivy covered windows. Maybe I could become their writer in residence - all I need is coffee, cake and an old desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment