Monday 21 March 2011

Dear Diary

Many books and websites on writing often recommend the keeping of a diary or journal. This can range from the recording of ideas and overheard conversations to a record of your actual life. I am always interested in this piece of advice as I have kept a diary for the last twenty two years and have some diaries going back further than that. This week I took them out and had a look through them. The first thing that I found was a constant thread relating to my desire to write and I was also amazed at the number of books that I got through as a child (I have always recorded the books that I have read but not reviewed them - that would be too detailed even for me!). I was also interested in the amount of decription relating to my feelings. I don't remember writing that much but it seems I did and it took me straight back there. Some of them made me cringe but I won't ever throw them out. If anyone finds them when I'm gone then I won't be in a position to care.

No comments:

Post a Comment