Wednesday 7 December 2011

I'm Still Here

I'm conscious that I haven't posted anything for a while. The reason being is that I have two milestones that I want to reach before 31 December and I have been working hard to achieve them. Firstly, I want to finish Chapter 15 (and therefore the first half of the novel). Secondly, I want to finish reading and 'de-constructing' the thirty or so novels that I allocated to this year. I'm getting there but am also aware that I can't let some of the work around my thesis slip. I attended a couple of events last month - Theses and Open Access Papers (how to find them) and the 12-24 month PhD event. In my spare time (!) I have been cross referencing bibliographies and interrogating databases to ensure that the resources I use for my thesis are comprehensive. It doesn't help that the tendons in my wrists and hands are playing up and I'm waiting for physio. Anyway, I'll keep pushing and hopefully be able to start 2012 having got to where I want to. Novel writing is one of the most challenging things I have ever done but I love it for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment