Saturday 20 June 2009

Friends Reunited

I went back to see my writing group today. I first started going about five years ago in an attempt to see if I could write and also to try and introduce some discipline into my writing life. It worked and after a few years I was ready to start a novel. This then led me to take the MA. For anyone starting out writing, I strongly recommend joining a creative writing class. It is great to meet people from all walks of life, ages and backgrounds who all share a love of writing. It is also good to get practice in giving and receiving feedback. It was wonderful to see everyone again today and when my MA is finished I will be going back regularly.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to take a creative writing course - I saw a blog (thanks to Deborah klaassen)a girl took one ib Greece - a holiday and course all in one!!! Then maybe working my way up to an MA!
    x

    ReplyDelete